Management Development (Level 3)
A distance learning course is the ideal way to gain a Level 3 Diploma in Management Development. Whether you're looking to go on to further education, improve your job prospects or expand your knowledge, distance learning Diploma in Management Development is a flexible and convenient course, which allows you to comprehensively prepare for an exam or career through home study. What's more, because the distance learning Level 3 Diploma in Management Development course is a fully comprehensive course, no prior knowledge is required.
The use of consultants and specialists is a growing field as it is more cost efficient to bring expert support into a business or organisation. This Quality Assured Level 3 Diploma course aims to cover the "soft skills" of management which are increasingly seen as essential to lead effective teams. The theory of learning and learning styles to support staff development is covered so that learning is built on historically developed foundations. It should be useful not only for recently appointed or aspiring managers, but also for those who wish to refresh their knowledge and understanding as part of their CPD. The standard equates to a Level 5 in similar qualifications.
The Modules build on the premise that people are usually promoted for their technical competence and evidence of good interpersonal skills. It is often assumed that they will know how to develop themselves and others, and how to manage difficult people. A good deal of time and pain can be avoided if managers can raise fairly quickly their awareness of how to handle these aspects.
Key Skills Developed:
- Management "soft skills"
- Effective communication
- Effective delegation
What Could I Do After Taking This Management Development Course?
With relevant Experience and Qualification, you could go on to become a Management Consultant. As a management consultant, you would help businesses and organisations to solve problems, improve efficiency and manage changes to the way they work. If you're good at analysing and solving problems, and have number and IT skills, this job could suit you well.
You will also need excellent communication skills, the ability to work with people at all levels and confidence in giving presentations.
Fully qualified management consultants can earn from £25,000 a year.
*Source : National Careers Service
On completion of the Level 3 in Management Studies course, learners can go on to study further in areas such as:
- Human Resource Management (Level 4)
- Management Studies Level 4
- Business Studies Applications (Level 4)
- BTEC HNC Business Studies
Your Management Development (Level 3) Course:
The use of consultants and specialists is a growing field as it is more cost efficient to bring expert support into a business or organisation. This course builds on the premise that people are usually promoted for their technical competence and evidence of good interpersonal skills.
The theory of learning and learning styles to support staff development is covered so that learning is built on historically developed foundations. Different management "soft skills” e.g. motivating, effective communication, teamwork and effective delegation are discussed in depth.
- Study Time
- Key Topics
- Entry Requirements
- Home Study Support
- Home Study Resources
- Further Information
- What's Included
- Possible Career Path
Study Hours are an approximate figure and are dependant upon how much time you can dedicate to your studies and how well you grasp the learning concepts in the course material. Furthermore, at the end of each lesson there is a question paper that needs to be completed and returned to your tutor. You should allow at least 1 - 2 hours of study to complete each question paper.
The approximate amount of time required to complete the Management Development (Level 3) course is: 200 Hours
The Level 3 Management Development course is divided into ten modules:
- Module 1: The manager as a coach or mentor
- Module 2: The manager's role in training and development
- Module 3: Motivation in the workplace – theory and practice
- Module 4: Management styles including situational leadership
- Module 5: Effective communication – understanding the communication process
- Module 6: Performance Management – Informal and Formal, including Appraisals
- Module 7: Developing individuals into an effective team – the art of delegation
- Module 8: Essentials of Conflict Management
- Module 9: Design and Delivery of Staff Development Activities
- Module 10: The Personal Development Plan
When you have completed the programme, your tutor needs to verify that you have worked through all parts of any Workbooks, Activities and Exercises successfully.
100% of the final mark is made up of an online multiple choice exam.
Upon verification of the activities, exercises and assignments, you will be awarded your diploma by ABC Awards as confirmation that your written work has met all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the programme.
Entry RequirementsMin 16 Years
All students must be 16 years of age and above.
Level 3 Diploma courses require a minimum prior learning to GCSE standard in order that students can manage their studies and the assumed knowledge within course content.
This course is openly available to anyone wishing to learn more about Management Development and would like to take part in a highly rewarding home study course. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and study further, so we try to keep our entry requirements to a minimum. You have the freedom to start the course at any time and continue your studies at your own pace for a period of up to 12 months from initial registration with full tutor support.
Home Study Support
You will be provided with online comprehensive materials designed to provide you with everything required to complete your course of study. You will have your own personal tutor helping you with your course work and with any questions you may have. Plus you can contact our Student Advisors by email or phone for all the practical advice you may need – so we really are with you 100%.
What's more, you'll have access to the online student portal, where you can interact with other students, browse our resource library and manage your account.
Home Study Resources
You will be provided with comprehensive materials designed to provide you with everything required to complete your course of study.Your course fee covers all textbooks, study folders, and/or online learning aids designed for distance learning.
This Level 3 Management Development Course pack includes the Student Handbook with all relevant information that you would need to successfully complete the course.
Level 3 Diploma in Management Development
This course is Quality Assured by the Quality Licence Scheme
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that the provider has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future.
The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Oxford Learning to meet specific learners' and/or employers' requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
Possible Career Path
As a management consultant you would use your business skills to help organisations solve problems, improve efficiency and manage change. Companies might bring inmanagement consultants to provide particular knowledge or skills that they lack,offer a fresh viewpoint on a problem, or even help save a struggling business. You might help your clients with a wide range of business areas, for example: planning and strategy finance improving productivity and processes marketing personnel IT. Although projects could vary depending on the type of business you were helping, your job would generally involve: meeting clients to discuss their needs carrying out research to gain an understanding of the client's business interviewing the client's managers, staff and customers collecting and analysing data, and preparing reports identifying and investigating issues, and planning how to tackle them outlining current procedures, to highlight any inefficiencies creating computer models to test possible business solutions presenting recommendations to the client agreeing a course of action with the client providing any support the client might need to put the plan into practice, such as staff training. Projects may run from one day to several years, depending on the needs of your client.
Find out more about the Job Role for Management Consultant Role.
Another possible career path is that of a Project Manager
Our online courses are fully digitised so you can study on any smart device. Your learning programme is completely flexible so you can study at a pace that suits you. All our content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective. Your course of study is broken down into units and sections, each of which contains lessons, activities and test papers. Courses are delivered on our Digital Learning Environment allowing you to study from anywhere on any smart device as long as you have access to the Internet. The course concludes by preparing you for examination using past papers in your chosen subject.
As a student, your course fee covers everything you will need to successfully complete the Level 3 Management Development home study course and earn your award:
- Online study materials to enable the student to successfully complete the course.
- Completion Certificate
- Tutor marked assessments (TMAs)
- Access to the online student portal (Student Chat, Forums and Online Support Resources)
- NUS Extra Card (discounted membership)
- One year educational support by e-mail.
You can also choose to pick from following while you are enrolling and avail the services at a highly discounted price for our students.
GOOGLE ANDROID TABLET:
Makes your assignment submission and study on the move an absolute breeze. Available at a reduced price of £69.99 (RRP £99) to all students who enrol on 2 or more courses and pay for their course in full at the time of enrolment. Download your study materials and turn commuting time into profitable study time.
12 MONTH COURSE INSURANCE :
Reordering a course pack, if you have damaged yours, can be costly. You can usually expect to pay a huge price for a copy. The 12 month insurance Cover will meet the cost for you if your pack was damaged. We will send out another Course Pack at no extra cost if you send us a proof of the damaged course.
LEARNING FOR LIFE:
We support our students even after they have graduated from the college. Learning for Life Services include:
1. Academic Reference: We are often asked to provide references for students by employers or colleges and universities. The aims of an academic reference are to confirm facts (confirm accuracy of statements made in any application) and to provide relevant opinion on the candidate's aptitude and ability.
2. CV Refresh Service: When you successfully complete your course you will be entitled to our CV refresh service. We will update your current CV to ensure that your new skills and achievements are presented to the highest standard. We will also add your CV to databank of our sister company www.twindo.co.uk
3. 25% off Courses: *(This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
For all students who successfully complete their course, you will be entitled to 25% off any future courses through eDistance Learning or it's partners.
Furthermore this offer will be extended to your family and friends.
Further InformationAward Level: Level 3 Diploma Awarding Body: ABC Awards (www.abcawards.co.uk) Format: Online / Paper
If your course is being delivered online, please ensure you meet the minimum requirements below.
Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 - Acrobat Reader 4.0 and above
Mac OS X, Mac OS 9.2 - Acrobat Reader 4.0 and above
From time to time we may enrol our students with our partner sites; this is dependent on the number of students enrolling on a particular course and course material availability. If this happens, nothing changes for you other than the name of the college administering your course. We will continue to be your point of contact; you will get the exact same course you have enrolled on with the same high level of quality content and support.
This course can be enrolled upon by students internationally. There are no deadlines for enrolments.
WHAT TO DO NOW?
Step One: It's simple - all you need to do now is choose whether you want to pay in instalments or in full and then click on the relevant enrolment button at the top of this page.
Step Two: Once you have selected your payment option to enrol you will be redirected (this can take a few seconds) to our PayPal payment page for you to select your payment method and complete your enrolment.
Step Three: Within 7 days (normally 48 hours) your enrolment papers and course materials will be with you. A tutor and a dedicated support advisor will also be allocated to you.
That's it..... Thanks and wishing you the best of luck with your studies.
About ABC Awards
ABC Awards is a leading national Awarding Organisation, regulated by Ofqual, and the Welsh Government for their qualifications on the national framework i.e. the Qualifications and Curriculum Framework (QCF). It has a long-established reputation for developing and awarding high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
As a registered charity, ABC Awards combines 180 years of examination and assessment expertise but also implements a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers They are committed to developing qualifications, which help learners and organisations, by cultivating the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment and skills for life.They work with over 600 centers nationally and many tens of thousands of learners achieve an ABC Awards’ qualification each year.
What is the difference between Level 3 Diploma and an A Level?
Our Level 3 Diplomas have been specifically written for us by qualified distance learning course writers who are qualified to at least Level 5 or above. The Level 3 Diplomas are 1 year courses comprising 10 modules followed by an online examination. The course is pitched at Level 3 so is the equivalent level of study as an A Level. On successful completion of the exam, an Oxford College Diploma certificate is issued.
An A Level is a 2 year course that follows a specific syllabus provided by the corresponding examining body such as Edexcel, AQA and OCR. The A Level carries UCAS points depending on the grade achieved. The A Level is on Level 3 of the National Qualifications Network. A Levels are assessed by exams which have to be attended in person. A Level certificates are provided by the examining boards.
How is the course accredited?
How is the course assessed and examined?
Can I re-sit the exam if I fail?
What is the duration of the course?
Can I extend the course if I don’t finish in time?
Can I get into university with a Level 3 Diploma?
When will I receive my course?
If you have paid in full and opted for the Online version, the course access will be emailed to you within 48 hours. The paper version will take 3 weeks after you have received the online version and are happy with the course contents.
For students, who choose to pay in instalments - you are required to complete the necessary agreement before the course is emailed to you.
Will I get a certificate on completion of my course?
You will receive a certificate from the College. A digital version is included in the price and will be emailed to you within 5 days of taking your online exam.
Should you require an embossed hard copy of your certificate to be sent to you by Special Delivery post, you can order this separately after taking your exam.
How do I contact my tutor and submit assignments?
Will my tutor answer my support requests quickly?
Are there any exams?
How does distance learning work?
When can I start the course?
How long do the courses take?
I want to buy a course that is not on the course list. What do I do?
Do the courses have tutorial support?
Is the course work done online or sent via the internet?
Is there a time limit or any deadlines?
I wish to cancel my course. How do I do this?
Do I have to buy any other materials?
I’m not sure of what course I should take? Can you help?
Why choose eDistance Learning?
Please contact us if you have not found the answer you are looking for.
How is the course structured?
The Level 3 Management Development course is divided into ten comprehensive modules:
Module 1: The manager as a coach or mentor
This Module aims to encourage managers to "think laterally" and to view their roles from a more reflective angle, to appreciate the value of developing a "coaching approach" in their daily work. Coaching is considered at all levels, from adoption of practical coaching techniques e.g. the "GROW model", or "removing self-limiting beliefs" to the implementation and evaluation of various organisation-wide coaching strategies and programmes.
The main elements are:
- Definitions of coaching, mentoring and counselling
- Principles of coaching and mentoring
- Detailed examples of practical coaching and mentoring techniques, which may be used by managers who are not formally trained as coaches
- Discussion of the introduction, operation and evaluation of coaching and mentoring systems in an organisation
Module 2: The manager's role in training and development
This Module aims to familiarise managers with the case for the development of "the learning organisation". It provides the background knowledge and understanding needed for a proactive approach to staff development.
The main elements are:
- The implications of establishing a "learning organisation"
- The applications of learning theories ("cognitive, behavioural, constructivist and social") and preferred learning styles (Kolb, with Honey & Mumford) to the workplace
- The importance of the "training cycle", including Training Needs Analysis
- Factors to consider in the choice of training and development available, including discussion of "off-site" versus "in house" training, and the pros and cons of distance learning, including via the Internet; the importance of blended learning is explored
- A framework for maintaining current knowledge of Government initiatives to promote training
- Principles of evaluation as part of the training cycle
- Conclusions on the importance of a working knowledge of training, learning and development issues for a line manager
Module 3: Motivation in the workplace – theory and practice
This Module aims to clarify aspects of motivation theory which are relevant to a manager's role. The underlying purpose is to establish a sound basis on which to study Modules 6-8, which focus on performance management, building of teams, delegation and conflict management, none of which can be achieved with people who lack motivation.
The main elements are:
- Definitions of motivation and why it matters in the workplace
- Analysis of what determines motivation, covering both "intrinsic" personality factors, and "extrinsic" working conditions
- Exploration of some well-known theories of motivation: "instrumental, content and process" models, with a consideration of their relevance to working in organisations (e.g. McGregor, Herzberg, Vroom, Latham & Locke, and Adams)
- Discussion with practical examples of how managers can motivate people
Module 4: Management styles including situational leadership
This Module aims to clarify the difference between management and leadership, and uses a range of theories to give insights on a variety of commonly observed management styles. The underlying purpose is to encourage reflection on one's own approach to management and how this affects others. The Module supplies an informed basis for developing an appropriate style in the "soft" management skills covered in more detail in the rest of the course, and required to communicate effectively with others over their personal development plans
The main elements are:
- Definitions of management and leadership
- Exploration and evaluation of recent theories on management styles (e.g. Tannenbaum & Schmidt, Blake & Mouton, Adair, Katz, Bennis, Pedler, Burgoyne & Boydell), including Hersey and Blanchard's "situational leadership" which advocates adapting one's style to suit the experience and development stage of each individual; the growing interest in "Emotional Intelligence" (Goleman) is also outlined
- Reflections on the development of management styles and practical application of widely accepted theories
Module 5: Effective communication – understanding the communication process
This Module aims to establish the fundamental importance of effective communication for successful management. It focuses on the complexities of the communication process, analysing the benefits and pitfalls of the various methods and channels of communication in common use in the workplace. Practical aspects cover e.g. the avoidance of jargon (with examples), advice on managing meetings, report-writing techniques, interpreting and presenting data without distortion, and effective use of emails. The meaning and implications of non-verbal communication and body language are also considered, with examples. The Module encourages the development of sound strategies and practical approaches for communicating with both internal (other staff) and external customers.
The main elements are:
- A justification of the key importance of effective communication
- Theories of communication
- Good practice in the main channels of communication: "hard copy" written, electronic and verbal
- Discussion of the development of effective communication strategies and policies
Module 6: Performance Management – Informal and Formal, including Appraisals
The Module sets out to bring managers up to speed with the complex issue of performance management, to build the confidence and insight both to manage appraisals, and to encourage the broad development of individuals. The main part of this Module is a lengthy discussion of performance management, broken down into sub-sections as listed below.
The main elements are:
- Definitions, development over time and impact of performance management, including appraisals
- Formal versus informal performance management
- The difference between performance appraisal and performance management
- Reasons why appraisals often unpopular with both appraisers and appraisees
- The link between performance management and motivation
- Discussion of performance management and reward systems, including separating performance management from reward
- Focus on performance-related pay (PRP)
- The role of 360-degree feedback in performance management
Further sections cover:
- Exploration of approaches to performance management in practice
- Giving and receiving feedback
Module 7: Developing individuals into an effective team – the art of delegation
This Module attempts a "fresh take" on what is in danger of becoming a hackneyed topic for managers. An understanding of team development and roles is justified as assisting the establishment of "High Performing Teams". Teamwork is linked to the principles and practical steps required for effective delegation, which is seen as essential to efficient use of people as a resource, and effective management to achieve objectives.
The main elements are:
- Teams – types and definitions, including the growing importance of "matrix", "self-managed" and "virtual" teams
- Theories of team development (Tuckman) and their application: the importance of "storming" and pitfalls of "groupthink"; the value of identifying "team role preferences" (Belbin), and the implications of this
- Techniques for team development
- The role of delegation in team development
Module 8: Essentials of Conflict Management
Working on the basis that communication lies at the heart of management, this Module presents conflict as "communication which has gone wrong", and focuses on an analysis of why conflict occurs, how to recognise it, and why it is so costly. The Module provides practical advice on how to minimise conflict, and hopefully avert it in the first place e.g. through the use of negotiation theory, which is outlined in brief. The importance of raising self awareness to understand conflict situations e.g. how one appears to others, is covered with reference to e.g. Johari windows.
The main elements are:
- Definition, causes and symptoms of conflict
- "Constructive conflict"
- Effects and implications of conflict
- Disciplinary cases and grievances: cost and management issues
- Underlying theories of conflict management e.g. Thomas Kilmann Model (TKI)
- Management of change as a potential source of conflict
- General guidelines for preventing conflict
- Managing "difficult people"
- Building self-awareness
- Developing negotiation skills
- Management of performance issues which could lead to conflict
- Managing conflict in teams
- The Strength Deployment Indicator® - The SDI®
Module 9: Design and Delivery of Staff Development Activities
This practical Module builds on the theory and analysis produced in Module 2 to provide systematic advice on how to plan, design and deliver training, including formal presentations, interactive workshops, facilitation and production of online learning materials. It is based on the view that managers need to have a working knowledge of this, to take a proactive part in cost-effective and relevant staff development, and to be in a strong position to evaluate training provided externally, by the Training Department or themselves.
The main elements are:
- Choosing the best approach to the delivery of learning
- Planning, design and delivery of training – practical skills
- Practical advice on the use of a variety of visual aids in staff development, including use of PowerPoint and flip charts, good design of slides, tips for effective presentations, and guidelines for interactive sessions, using a facilitative approach
- Evaluation of staff development activities
Module 10: The Personal Development Plan
This practical Module sets out to raise awareness of the importance of the Personal Development Plan (PDP) not only to support the performance management system but also for the general growth of the individual, including realising one's potential, enabling future progression, and improvement of the work-life balance. It provides a working knowledge of how to follow the cyclical process of personal development planning, starting with S-SMART development goals, and including the construction of a "personal profile", with the use of a variety of techniques to evaluate an individual's development needs e.g. use of competence indicators, and various readily available psychometric tests such as Honey & Mumford's Learning Styles, or Personality Type Indicators e.g. the MBTI®. The Module also encourages managers to make the time to foster their own development. It stimulates reflection on the previous Modules, which provide a foundation of so-called soft skills on which to develop oneself further.
The main elements are:
- Definitions and context of personal development plans
- Principles of personal development planning Identifying your current level of personal development
Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available, therefore any registration fee, certification fee and full tutor support is included in the course price for you. The enrolment fee for the Level 3 Diploma in Management Development home study course is £581.25, though for a limited time we are offering you the opportunity to pay only £465 which is a 20% discount if you enrol online and pay in full.
You can also opt for our Easy Payment Plan and enrol online today by paying a deposit of £116.25 and then 4 equal payments of £116.25 per month. The first instalment is paid about a month after you receive your course.
With online based study you can access the course online. You can then review them in your own time and complete the assignments which you are required to submit to your personal tutor for marking and feedback.
|PAYMENT METHOD||DEPOSIT||INSTALMENTS||MONTHLY PAYMENTS||Price|
|PAY IN FULL||£465.00||£465.00|
|PAY IN INSTALMENTS*||£116.25||£116.25||4||£581.25|
Online & Paper Version
With online & paper based study we post out the course materials to you and you can also access the course online. You can then review them in your own time and complete the assignments which you are required to submit to your personal tutor for marking and feedback.
|PAYMENT METHOD||DEPOSIT||INSTALMENTS||MONTHLY PAYMENTS||Price|
|PAY IN FULL||£530.00||£530.00|
|PAY IN INSTALMENTS*||£181.25||£116.25||4||£646.25|
Custom Payment Plan
You can propose a custom payment plan below in order to pay for your course. Please use the sliders above the table to configure your custom plan and then fill out the attached form. One of our course advisors will contact you with a decision regarding your plan.
Please select the amount you would like to pay each month
Please selection the amount of months you wish to pay over
Payment Length (months)
*Please note: One of our course advisors will attempt to create an instalment agreement based on the figures you have entered above, however the actual amount and length of the agreement may vary.Submit Proposal
With paper and cd-rom course formats, we offer delivery options to many different countries. Please see the table below for more information.
|UK MAINLAND||EU DELIVERY||INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY|
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: