IGCSE Business Studies
A distance learning course is the ideal way to gain a Business Studies IGCSE. Whether you're looking to go on to further education, improve your job prospects or expand your knowledge, distance learning IGCSE Business Studies is a flexible and convenient course, which allows you to comprehensively prepare for the exam through home study. What's more, because the distance learning IGCSE Business Studies course is a fully comprehensive course, no prior knowledge is required.
- Closely based on the content of the equivalent Edexcel GCSE Business Studies suite of Qualifications.
- 100% examination – single assessment route allowing all students to demonstrate their knowledge and, understanding of business.
- Comprehensive and detailed description of subject content.
- Appropriate for students of various ages and from diverse backgrounds in terms of general education and, life-long learning.
Objectives of the IGCSE Business Studies Course
The IGCSE Business Studies course qualification enables students to:
- Develop an interest in, and enjoyment of, business subjects that will be sustained in later life
- Use relevant terminology, concepts and methods effectively and recognise the strengths and limitations of the ideas used.
- Develop and apply their knowledge, understanding and skills to current issues in a wide range of appropriate international and UK contexts.
- Use an enquiring, critical approach to distinguish between facts and opinion and evaluate qualitative and quantitative data, to help build arguments and make informed judgements.
- Appreciate the range of different stakeholder perspectives in relation to business activities.
- Have an understanding of the dynamics of business activity and the related considerations of ethics and sustainability in business.
Key Skills Developed:
- Relate their learning to real business examples
- Be aware of current issues which affect businesses, their operation and success, and how they can adapt, to change
- Focus on current business practice
Understand the importance of seeing business issues and situations through, different
Be aware that information communication technology is essential to business decision making
processes and, success; and affects all functional areas of business.
Your IGCSE Business Studies Course:
This course concerns the business aspects of organisations within their economic, political and social contexts. Business Studies involves the investigation of how business adds value by organizing the production of goods and services. The performance of business is studied from a range of perspectives. Using case studies, your course ensures that you have knowledge, understanding and experience of the real world of business organisations. The use of case study materials also requires that you use a variety of methods to analyse and evaluate this evidence and thus make reasoned judgements in the context of real business scenarios.
- Study Time
- Key Topics
- Entry Requirements
- Home Study Support
- Home Study Resources
- Further Information
- What's Included
- Possible Career Path
Study Hours are an approximate figure and are dependant upon how much time you can dedicate to your studies and how well you grasp the learning concepts in the course material. Furthermore, at the end of each lesson there is a question paper that needs to be completed and returned to your tutor. You should allow at least 1 - 2 hours of study to complete each question paper.
The approximate amount of time required to complete the IGCSE Business Studies course is: 1 Year
The course is designed to match the Exexcel 4BS0 specification and is divided into five modules, as follows:
- Module One: Business activity and the changing environment
- Module Two: Human resources
- Module Three: Accounting and finance
- Module Four: Production
- Module Five: Marketing
At the end of each lesson you will find a self–assessment test or a tutor marked assignment. Self-Assessment Tests (SATs), as the name suggests, are designed to be marked by students themselves. These tests cover some or all of the topics of that particular lesson. Suggested answers to these tests are to be found at the back of the course.
Tutor-marked Assignments (TMAs) are usually to be found at the end of each of the modules. These are usually more extensive than the SATs and may require skills or knowledge derived from earlier lessons. Again, there are sets of suggested answers. These are supplied at the back of the course but should normally be retained by the tutor before the student starts work on the course. Make sure that this has happened! TMAs should be attempted under examination conditions. Besides the formal tests, there are also a number of Activities which are located within each of the lessons. These Activities are arranged so that there may be an appropriate space for you to write in your answer. Activities may involve writing something down, performing some task, or just thinking about a problem.
In some cases there are answers to the activities. These may be found at the end of the lesson or immediately after the activity itself.
Specification 4BS0 requires candidates to take one written examination lasting two hours. The paper is set and marked by Edexcel. The allocation of marks is based upon a set of assessment objectives. These are as follows.
Assessment Objectives and Weightings
Candidates should be able to:
- AO1: recall, select, use and communicate their knowledge and understanding of concepts, issues and terminology used in business in an effective manner (20–30%)
- AO2: apply knowledge and understanding using appropriate terms, concepts, theories and methods effectively in specific contexts (25–40%)
- AO3: select, organise and interpret data from a variety of sources to investigate and analyse issues and problems (20–30%)
- AO4: analyse and evaluate evidence, make reasoned judgements and present appropriate conclusions (15–25%)
- This qualification is assessed through a two-hour examination paper set and marked by Edexcel.
- There is a single tier of entry.
- The total number of marks available is 100.
- The examination paper is divided into two sections – A and B. Students will be given compulsory short-answer, structured, data response and open-ended questions on a business-related context. Questions in both sections will be drawn from all areas of the subject content.
- Section A will consist of questions targeted mainly or exclusively at knowledge, understanding and application (Assessment Objectives 1 and 2).
- Section B will consist of questions targeted mainly or exclusively at selection, analysis and evaluation (Assessment Objectives 3 and 4).
- Students will be given the business-related context at the start of Section A and will answer questions on this. A related context will be given at the start of Section B. The context for both sections is intended to set the scene – students will not be required to memorise this information. Relevant data information will be repeated within the questions where required.
Entry RequirementsNo Entry Requirements This course is openly available to anyone wishing to learn more about Business Studies and would like to take part in a highly rewarding home study course. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and study further, so we try to keep our entry requirements to a minimum. You have the freedom to start the course at any time and continue your studies at your own pace for a period of up to 12 months from initial registration with full tutor support.
Home Study Support
You will be provided with online comprehensive materials designed to provide you with everything required to complete your course of study. You will have your own personal tutor helping you with your course work and with any questions you may have. Plus you can contact our Student Advisors by email or phone for all the practical advice you may need – so we really are with you 100%.
What's more, you'll have access to the online student portal, where you can interact with other students, browse our resource library and manage your account.
Home Study Resources
The Business Studies Course is designed to be a complete preparation for the IGCSE examination and there is no compulsory supporting textbook.
However if you want to read more widely around your subject we recommend the following texts.
Alpin S, Cooper J, O’Hara G and Petrucke F – GCSE Business Studies for Edexcel
(Hodder and Stoughton, 2004)
Borrington K and Stimpson P – IGCSE Study Guide for Business Studies (Hodder and Stoughton, 2005)
Chambers I, Squires S and Hall L – Longman Business Studies for IGCSE (Longman, 2007) Northedge A, – The Good Study Guide (OU)
Edexcel IGCSE in Business Studies (4BS0)
There are eight possible grades at IGCSE: A* (“A starred”), A, B, C, D, E, F and G. The bottom two grades indicate a very poor performance and you should expect to aim much higher than that.
It is generally agreed that a grade B at IGCSE is equivalent to a good pass in the old O level examination and a grade C is the absolute minimum if you want to go on to A level. This course is designed for students aiming for grades A*-D.
Download and view a copy of the Edexcel Syllabus for IGCSE Business Studies
The full IGCSE course and examinations must be successfully completed to gain the qualification. PLEASE NOTE: All exams will be held during the May - June exam period.
Possible Career Path
In combination with other suitable IGCSE entry subjects the course is an ideal preparation for those who wish to go on to study Business Studies, or other business related subjects, at AS and A2 level.
This qualification supports progression to:
- Edexcel AS GCE and, Advanced GCE in Economics and Business Studies, AS GCE and Advanced GCE in Business Studies, or equivalent qualifications’.
- Level 3 BTEC Nationals in Business Studies and other qualifications
Our online IGCSE courses are fully digitised so you can study on any smart device. Your learning programme is completely flexible so you can study at a pace that suits you. All our content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective. Your course of study is broken down into units and sections, each of which contains lessons, activities and test papers. Courses are delivered on our Digital Learning Environment allowing you to study from anywhere on any smart device as long as you have access to the Internet. The course concludes by preparing you for examination using past papers in your chosen subject.
As a student, your course fee covers everything you will need to successfully complete the IGCSE Business Studies home study course and earn your award:
- Online study materials to enable the student to successfully complete the course.
- A full range of student services, including:
- Tutor marked assessments (TMAs)
- Access to the online student portal (Student Chat, Forums and Online Support Resources)
- NUS Extra Card (discounted membership)
- One year educational support by e-mail.
You can also choose to pick from following while you are enrolling and avail the services at a highly discounted price for our students.
GOOGLE ANDROID TABLET:
Makes your assignment submission and study on the move an absolute breeze. Available at a reduced price of £69.99 (RRP £99) to all students who enrol on 2 or more courses and pay for their course in full at the time of enrolment. Download your study materials and turn commuting time into profitable study time.
12 MONTH COURSE INSURANCE :
Reordering a course pack, if you have damaged yours, can be costly. You can usually expect to pay a huge price for a copy. The 12 month insurance Cover will meet the cost for you if your pack was damaged. We will send out another Course Pack at no extra cost if you send us a proof of the damaged course.
LEARNING FOR LIFE:
We support our students even after they have graduated from the college. Learning for Life Services include:
1. Academic Reference: We are often asked to provide references for students by employers or colleges and universities. The aims of an academic reference are to confirm facts (confirm accuracy of statements made in any application) and to provide relevant opinion on the candidate's aptitude and ability.
2. CV Refresh Service: When you successfully complete your course you will be entitled to our CV refresh service. We will update your current CV to ensure that your new skills and achievements are presented to the highest standard. We will also add your CV to databank of our sister company www.twindo.co.uk
3. 25% off Courses: *(This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
For all students who successfully complete their course, you will be entitled to 25% off any future courses through eDistance Learning or it's partners.
Furthermore this offer will be extended to your family and friends.
Further InformationAward Level: IGCSE Awarding Body: Edexcel (www.edexcel.com) Format: Online
If your course is being delivered online, please ensure you meet the minimum requirements below.
Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 - Acrobat Reader 4.0 and above
Mac OS X, Mac OS 9.2 - Acrobat Reader 4.0 and above
From time to time we may enrol our students with our partner sites; this is dependent on the number of students enrolling on a particular course and course material availability. If this happens, nothing changes for you other than the name of the college administering your course. We will continue to be your point of contact; you will get the exact same course you have enrolled on with the same high level of quality content and support.
This course can be enrolled upon by students internationally. There are no deadlines for enrolments.
WHAT TO DO NOW?
Step One: It's simple - all you need to do now is choose whether you want to pay in instalments or in full and then click on the relevant enrolment button at the top of this page.
Step Two: Once you have selected your payment option to enrol you will be redirected (this can take a few seconds) to our PayPal payment page for you to select your payment method and complete your enrolment.
Step Three: Within 7 days (normally 48 hours) your enrolment papers and course materials will be with you. A tutor and a dedicated support advisor will also be allocated to you.
That's it..... Thanks and wishing you the best of luck with your studies.
Edexcel is a qualification brand for academic and generation qualifications from Pearson. Designed to advance learners’ skills while developing knowledge, Edexcel’s qualifications help learners either progress to higher education or go directly into employment. They are grounded in the quality and traditions of the British education system made relevant for today’s UK and international learners.
Edexcel has been helping people succeed in life through learning for nearly 20 years. Edexcel’s world-class academic and general qualifications include GCSEs, A levels and International GCSEs, as well as some vocational qualifications, including NVQs and Functional Skills.Their qualifications combine a progressive approach with international content, allowing learners to achieve their full potential in today’s global economy.
Edexcel is recognised as an awarding body by the qualification regulators ('regulators') for England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The regulators are the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Department for Children, Education, Lifelong Learning and Skills (DCELLS) in Wales and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland
For more information on Edexcel please visit http://www.edexcel.com/Pages/Home.aspx
What’s the difference between GCSE and IGCSE?
Do I need any qualifications to study with eDistance Learning?
What date will my exam be?
Can I study from abroad?
Where do I sit my exams?
How do I find an examination centre?
How much do exams cost?
How does distance learning work?
When can I start the course?
How long do the courses take?
I want to buy a course that is not on the course list. What do I do?
Do the courses have tutorial support?
Is the course work done online or sent via the internet?
Is there a time limit or any deadlines?
Will I have to sit an examination?
How quickly will I receive my course material?
I wish to cancel my course. How do I do this?
Do I have to buy any other materials?
I’m not sure of what course I should take? Can you help?
Why choose eDistance Learning?
Please contact us if you have not found the answer you are looking for.
How is the course structured?
The IGCSE Business Studies course is divided into five comprehensive modules:
Module One: Business Activity and the Changing Environment
1 Business in the Community and its Environment
2 External Factors affecting Business
3 Types of Business Organizations: Ownership and Operation (1)
Tutor-marked Assignment A
4 Types of Business: Ownership and Operation (2)
5 Comparing Businesses
6 Business Objectives
Tutor-marked Assignment B
8 Location Decisions
9 Judging Success
Tutor-marked Assignment C
Module Two: Human Resources
10 The Structure of Organisations
11 Methods of Management
Tutor-marked Assignment D
12 Problems of Management
13 The Role of Personnel Management
Module Three: Accounting and Finance
14 Sources and Uses of Finance
Tutor-marked Assignment E
15 Business Planning
16 Financial Records
Tutor-marked Assignment F
17 Profitability, Liquidity, and Performance
Module Four: Production
18 Resources and the Production Chain
19 Production Strategies
Tutor-marked Assignment G
Module Five: Marketing
20 Market Planning and Research
Tutor-marked Assignment H
21 The Marketing Mix
22 External Constraints on Marketing
Tutor-marked Assignment I
Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available, therefore registration fee, certification fee and full tutor support is included in the course price for you. The enrolment fee for the IGCSE Business Studies home study course is £368.75, though for a limited time we are offering you the opportunity to pay only £295 which is a 20% discount if you enrol online and pay in full.
You can also opt for our Easy Payment Plan and enrol online today by paying a deposit of £73.75 and then 4 equal payments of £73.75 per month. The first instalment is paid about a month after you receive your course.
With online based study you can access the course online. You can then review them in your own time and complete the assignments which you are required to submit to your personal tutor for marking and feedback.
|PAYMENT METHOD||DEPOSIT||INSTALMENTS||MONTHLY PAYMENTS||Price|
|PAY IN FULL||£315.00||£315.00|
|PAY IN INSTALMENTS*||£78.75||£78.75||4||£393.75|
Custom Payment Plan
You can propose a custom payment plan below in order to pay for your course. Please use the sliders above the table to configure your custom plan and then fill out the attached form. One of our course advisors will contact you with a decision regarding your plan.
Please select the amount you would like to pay each month
Please selection the amount of months you wish to pay over
Payment Length (months)
*Please note: One of our course advisors will attempt to create an instalment agreement based on the figures you have entered above, however the actual amount and length of the agreement may vary.Submit Proposal
With paper and cd-rom course formats, we offer delivery options to many different countries. Please see the table below for more information.
|UK MAINLAND||EU DELIVERY||INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY|
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: