Health and Social Care Diploma Level 3 QCF
A distance learning course is the ideal way to gain a Level 3 QCF Health and Social Care Diploma. Whether you're looking to go on to further education, improve your job prospects or expand your knowledge, distance learning Level 3 QCF Health and Social Care is a flexible and convenient course, which allows you to comprehensively prepare for a Health & Social Care exam or career through home study. What's more, because the distance learning Level 3 QCF Health & Social Care course is a fully comprehensive course, no prior knowledge is required.
Our Health and Social Care course aims to equip learners with a better understanding of this subject area. This programme strives to equip learners with a greater knowledge and understanding of a range of aspects in relation to this field. It strives to assess the students development and knowledge and skills related to the health and social care.
This is suitable for individuals who would like to develop their knowledge and understanding of the Health and Social Care industry. There is no previous learning knowledge needed to enrol on to the course making it easily accessible to anyone who would like to learn more about this subject area. However you will find it useful if you already have some background knowledge of the industry.
This is the ideal course for individuals who would like to pursue a career in the Health and Social Care industry. Popular job roles include: Senior Care Assistants, Support Workers, and Key Workers in residential settings, as well as domiciliary services and day services.
Please Note: a work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this option.
As part of this work placement you must first ensure that a member of staff with occupational competence is able to provide supervision and sign the witness testimonies, to prove you have achieved the work based learning outcomes of this course.
Opportunities for Further Education and Training
On completion of the Health and Social Care Level 3 QCF course, learners can go on to study further in areas such as:
Your Health and Social Care Diploma Level 3 QCF Course:
The Health and Social Care Level 3 QCF course is the ideal course for individuals who would like to pursue a career in the Health and Social Care industry. This course strives to equip learners with a greater knowledge and understanding of a range of aspects in relation to this field.
- Study Time
- Key Topics
- Entry Requirements
- Home Study Support
- Home Study Resources
- Further Information
- What's Included
- Possible Career Path
Study Hours are an approximate figure and are dependant upon how much time you can dedicate to your studies and how well you grasp the learning concepts in the course material. Furthermore, at the end of each lesson there is a question paper that needs to be completed and returned to your tutor. You should allow at least 1 - 2 hours of study to complete each question paper.
The approximate amount of time required to complete the Health and Social Care Diploma Level 3 QCF course is: 400 Hours
The Health & Social course is divided into eighteen comprehensive modules:
- The role of the Health & Social Care worker (2 credits)
- Unit 2: Promote Communication in HSC Settings (3 credits)
- Unit 3: Support Individuals with Specific Communication Needs (5 credits)
- Unit 4: Promote equality and inclusion in HSC settings (2 credits)
- Unit 5: Principles of safeguarding and protection in health & social care(3 credits)
- Principles for implementing duty of care in HSC settings (1 credit)
- Unit 7: Principles of infection prevention and control(3 credits)
- Unit 8: Causes & spread of infection(2 credits)
- Unit 9: Cleaning, decontamination and waste management(2 credits)
- Unit 10: Move & position individuals in accordance with their plan of care (4 credits)
- Unit 11: Support use of medication in social care settings (5 credits)
- Unit 12: Support positive risk taking for individuals (4 credits)
- Unit 13: Engage in personal development in health and social care settings (3 credits)
- Unit 14: Promote person centred approaches in H & SC (6 credits)
- Unit 15: Promote and implement health and safety in H & SC settings (6 credits)
- Unit 16: Promote good practice in handling information in H&SC settings (2 credits)
- Unit 17: Support individuals to access and use services and facilities (4 credits)
- Unit 18: Support individuals to maintain personal hygiene (2 credits)
This programme is assessed through a series of Tutor Marked assignments alongside practical work which is assessed in the workplace.
A written assignment is required for each unit, this is assessed by your tutor. Completed assignments provide evidence towards the required learning outcome for each unit and contributes to your course portfolio.
You will also be required to complete practical activities for some units. This is assessed in the workplace and is evidenced through witness testimonies, signed by you supervisor at your placement. A minimum of 50 hours is required to complete the practical tasks, this can be split over the duration of the course.
Entry RequirementsNo Entry Requirements
The good news is that no prior learning knowledge or experience is essential to take this course. This course is openly available to anyone wishing to learn more about Health & Social Care and would like to take part in a highly rewarding home study course. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and study further, so we try to keep our entry requirements to a minimum. However, it would be useful if the learner has existing knowledge or experience in Health and Social Care.
You have the freedom to start the course at any time and continue your studies at your own pace for a period of up to 12 months from initial registration with full tutor support.
Home Study Support
You will be provided with comprehensive materials designed to provide you with everything required to complete your course of study. You will have your own personal tutor helping you with your course work and with any questions you may have. Plus you can contact our Student Advisors by email or phone for all the practical advice you may need – so we really are with you 100%.
What's more, you'll have access to the online student portal, where you can interact with other students, browse our resource library and manage your account.
Home Study Resources
You will be provided with comprehensive materials designed to provide you with everything required to complete your course of study. Your course fee covers all textbooks, study folders, and/or online learning aids designed for distance learning.
This Health and Social Care Course pack includes the Student Handbook with all relevant information that you would need to successfully complete the course.
TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
Qualification Title: TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
Qualification Number: 601/3878/6
Total Credits: 58
Possible Career Path
Practice nurses assess, screen, treat and educate all sections of the community, from babies to older people. They work within GP practices to help doctors give nursing and medical care. As a practice nurse, your duties could include: setting up and running clinics for conditions such as asthma, diabetes, heart conditions and skin disorders, offering advice on family planning and contraception, taking blood and urine samples and other specimens and swabs, performing routine procedures such as ear syringing, applying and removing dressings and treating wounds, offering specialist information and advice on issues such as blood pressure, weight control and stopping smoking, carrying out infant injections, vaccinations and travel immunisations and giving advice to patients on long-term medical and nursing needs. In larger GP surgeries you may work alongside other practice nurses and have the opportunity to specialise, for example in the needs of a particular client group.
Find out more about the Job Role for Practice Nurse .
Other possible career paths include:
Our online courses are fully digitised so you can study on any smart device. Your learning programme is completely flexible so you can study at a pace that suits you. All our content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective. Your course of study is broken down into units and sections, each of which contains lessons, activities and test papers. Courses are delivered on our Digital Learning Environment allowing you to study from anywhere on any smart device as long as you have access to the Internet. The course concludes by preparing you for examination using past papers in your chosen subject.
As a student, your course fee covers everything you will need to successfully complete the Health & Social Care home study course and earn your award:
- Online study materials to enable the student to successfully complete the course.
- Completion Certificate
- Tutor marked assessments (TMAs)
- Access to the online student portal (Student Chat, Forums and Online Support Resources)
- NUS Extra Card (discounted membership)
- One year educational support by e-mail.
You can also choose to pick from following while you are enrolling and avail the services at a highly discounted price for our students.
GOOGLE ANDROID TABLET:
Makes your assignment submission and study on the move an absolute breeze. Available at a reduced price of £69.99 (RRP £99) to all students who enrol on 2 or more courses and pay for their course in full at the time of enrolment. Download your study materials and turn commuting time into profitable study time.
12 MONTH COURSE INSURANCE :
Reordering a course pack, if you have damaged yours, can be costly. You can usually expect to pay a huge price for a copy. The 12 month insurance Cover will meet the cost for you if your pack was damaged. We will send out another Course Pack at no extra cost if you send us a proof of the damaged course.
LEARNING FOR LIFE:
We support our students even after they have graduated from the college. Learning for Life Services include:
1. Academic Reference: We are often asked to provide references for students by employers or colleges and universities. The aims of an academic reference are to confirm facts (confirm accuracy of statements made in any application) and to provide relevant opinion on the candidate's aptitude and ability.
2. CV Refresh Service: When you successfully complete your course you will be entitled to our CV refresh service. We will update your current CV to ensure that your new skills and achievements are presented to the highest standard. We will also add your CV to databank of our sister company www.twindo.co.uk
3. 25% off Courses: *(This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
For all students who successfully complete their course, you will be entitled to 25% off any future courses through eDistance Learning or it's partners.
Furthermore this offer will be extended to your family and friends.
Further InformationAward Level: Level 3 Diploma Awarding Body: TQUK (www.tquk.org/) Format: Paper
If your course is being delivered online, please ensure you meet the minimum requirements below.
Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 - Acrobat Reader 4.0 and above
Mac OS X, Mac OS 9.2 - Acrobat Reader 4.0 and above
From time to time we may enrol our students with our partner sites; this is dependent on the number of students enrolling on a particular course and course material availability. If this happens, nothing changes for you other than the name of the college administering your course. We will continue to be your point of contact; you will get the exact same course you have enrolled on with the same high level of quality content and support.
The course can be enrolled upon by students Internationally. There are no deadlines for enrolments.
WHAT TO DO NOW?
Step One: It's simple - all you need to do now is choose whether you want to pay in instalments or in full and then click on the relevant enrolment button at the top of this page.
Step Two: Once you have selected your payment option to enrol you will be redirected (this can take a few seconds) to our PayPal payment page for you to select your payment method and complete your enrolment.
Step Three: Within 7 days (normally 48 hours) your enrolment papers and course materials will be with you. A tutor and a dedicated support advisor will also be allocated to you.
That's it..... Thanks and wishing you the best of luck with your studies.
Training Qualification UK are one of the newest, most dynamic awarding organisations in the industry, seeking to bring a fresh approach and excellent service to training providers, colleges and learners. TQUK qualifications are designed by leading professionals and delivered to centres and learners with integrity and compliance in mind. TQUK have rigorous quality assurance controls and procedures in place and are committed to maintaining the highest standards of customer service, qualification delivery and assessment.
TQUK are fully approved as an awarding organisation by Ofqual and award QCF courses in a number of sectors. QCF courses have various credits values which can be applied to the National Credit Transfer System. TQUK accredit courses which are developed by industry experts and work hand in hand with organisations ensuring the calibre and worth of courses provided.
How do I contact my tutor and submit assignments?
Will my tutor answer my support requests quickly?
How long do I have to complete the course?
Can I extend my tutor support if I do not complete within 12 months?
Are there any exams?
How does distance learning work?
When can I start the course?
How long do the courses take?
I want to buy a course that is not on the course list. What do I do?
Do the courses have tutorial support?
Is the course work done online or sent via the internet?
Is there a time limit or any deadlines?
Will I have to sit an examination?
How quickly will I receive my course material?
I wish to cancel my course. How do I do this?
Do I have to buy any other materials?
I’m not sure of what course I should take? Can you help?
Why choose eDistance Learning?
Please contact us if you have not found the answer you are looking for.
How is the course structured?
The Health & Social course is divided into eighteen comprehensive modules:
Unit 1: The role of the health & social care worker
- Understand working relationships in health and social care
- Be able to work in ways that are agreed with the employer
- Be able to work in partnership with others
Unit 2: Promote communication in health and social care settings
- Understand why effective communication is important in the work setting
- Be able to meet the communication and language needs, wishes and preferences of individuals.
- Be able to overcome barriers to communications.
- Be able to apply principles and practices relating to confidentiality
Unit 3: Support Individuals with specific communication needs
- Understand specific communication needs and factors affecting them.
- Be able to contribute to establishing the nature of specific communication needs of individuals and ways to address them
- Be able to interact with individuals using their preferred communication
- Be able to promote communication between individuals and others
- Know how to support the use of communication, technology and aids.
- Be able to review an individual’s communication needs and the support provided to address them.
Unit 4: Implement person centred approaches in health & social care
- Understand the importance of diversity, equality and inclusion
- Be able to work in an inclusive way
- Be able to promote diversity, equality and inclusion
Unit 5: Principles of safeguarding and protection in health & social care
- Know how to recognise signs of abuse
- Know how to respond to suspected or alleged abuse
- Understand the national and local context of safeguarding and protection from abuse
- Understand ways to reduce the likelihood of abuse
- Know how to recognise and report unsafe practice
Unit 6: Principles for implementing duty of care in health and social care settings
- Understand how duty of care contributes to safe practice
- Know how to address conflicts or dilemmas that may arise between an individual’s rights and duty of care
- Know how to respond to complaints
Unit 7: The principles of infection prevention and control
- Understand roles and responsibilities in the prevention and control of infection.
- Understand legislation and policies relating to prevention and control of infections.
- Understand systems and procedures relating to the prevention and control of infection.
- Understand the importance of risk assessment in relation to the prevention and control of infection.
- Understand the importance of using personal protective equipment (PPE) in the prevention and control of infection.
- Understand the importance of good personal hygiene in the prevention and control of infection.
Unit 8: Causes & spread of infection
- Understand the causes of infection.
- Understand the transmission of infection
Unit 9: Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Understand how to maintain a clean environment to prevent the spread of infection.
- Understand the principles and steps of the decontamination process
- Understand the importance of good waste management practice in the prevention of the spread of infection.
Unit 10: Move & position individuals in accordance with their plan of care
- Understand anatomy and physiology in relation to moving and positioning individuals
- Understand legislation and agreed ways of working when moving and positioning individuals
- Be able to minimise risk before moving and positioning individuals
- Be able to prepare individuals before moving and positioning
- Be able to move and position an individual
- Know when to seek advice from and/or involve others when moving and positioning an individual
Unit 11: Support use of medication in local care settings
- Understand the legislative framework for the use of medication in social care settings
- Know about common types of medication and their use
- Understand roles and responsibilities in the use of medication in social care settings
- Understand techniques for administering medication
- Be able to receive, store and dispose of medication supplies safely
- Know how to promote the rights of the individual when managing medication
- Be able to support use of medication
- Be able to record and report on use of medication.
Unit 12: Support positive risk-taking for individuals
- Understand the importance of risk taking in everyday life
- Understand the importance of positive, person centred risk assessment
- Understand the legal and policy framework underpinning an individual’s right to make decisions to take risks
- Be able to support individuals to make choices about taking risks
- Be able to support individuals to take risks
- Understand duty of care in relation to supporting risk-taking
Unit 13: Engage in personal development in health and social care settings
- Understand what is required for competence in own work role
- Be able to reflect on practice
- Be able to evaluate own performance
- Be able to agree a personal development plan
- Be able to use learning opportunities and reflective practice to contribute to personal development.
Unit 14: Promote person-centred approaches in health and social care
- Understand the application of person-centred approaches in health and social care
- Be able to work in a person-centred way
- Be able to establish consent when providing care or support
- Be able to implement and promote active participation
- Be able to support the individual’s right to make choices
- Be able to promote an individual’s well-being
- Understand the role of risk assessment in enabling a person-centred approach
Unit 15: Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care settings
- Understand own responsibilities and the responsibilities of others relating to health and safety
- Be able to carry out own responsibilities for health and safety
- Understand procedures for responding to accidents and sudden illness
- Be able to reduce the spread of infection
- Be able to move and handle equipment and other objects safely
- Be able to handle hazardous substances and materials
- Be able to promote fire safety in the work setting
- Be able to implement security measures in the work setting
- Know how to manage stress
Unit 16: Promote good practice in handling of information in health and social care settings
- Understand requirements for handling of information in health and social care settings
- Be able to implement good practice in handling information
- Be able to support others to handle information.
Unit 17: Support individuals to access and use services and facilities
- Understand factors that influence individuals’ access to services and facilities
- Be able to support individuals to select services and facilities
- Be able to support individuals to access and use services and facilities
- Be able to support individuals to review their access to, and use of, services and facilities
Unit 18: Principles of supporting individuals to maintain personal hygiene
- Understand the importance of good personal hygiene
- Know how to encourage an individual to maintain personal hygiene
- Know how to support an individual to maintain personal hygiene
- Understand when poor hygiene may be an indicator of other underlying personal issues.
Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available, therefore the registration fee, certification fee and full tutor support is included in the course price for you. The enrolment fee for the Health & Social Care home study course is £593.75, though for a limited time we are offering you the opportunity to pay only £475 which is a 20% discount if you enrol online and pay in full.
You can also opt for our Easy Payment Plan and enrol online today by paying a deposit of £118.75 and then 4 equal payments of £118.75 per month. The first instalment is paid about a month after you receive your course.
With paper based study we post out the course materials to you. You can then review them in your own time and complete the assignments which you are required to submit to your personal tutor for marking and feedback.
|PAYMENT METHOD||DEPOSIT||INSTALMENTS||MONTHLY PAYMENTS||Price|
|PAY IN FULL||£475.00||£475.00|
|PAY IN INSTALMENTS*||£118.75||£118.75||4||£593.75|
Custom Payment Plan
You can propose a custom payment plan below in order to pay for your course. Please use the sliders above the table to configure your custom plan and then fill out the attached form. One of our course advisors will contact you with a decision regarding your plan.
Please select the amount you would like to pay each month
Please selection the amount of months you wish to pay over
Payment Length (months)
*Please note: One of our course advisors will attempt to create an instalment agreement based on the figures you have entered above, however the actual amount and length of the agreement may vary.Submit Proposal
With paper and cd-rom course formats, we offer delivery options to many different countries. Please see the table below for more information.
|UK MAINLAND||EU DELIVERY||INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY|
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: