Coaching (Level 4)
A distance learning course is the ideal way to gain a qualification Level 4 Diploma in Coaching. Whether you're looking to go on to further education, improve your job prospects or expand your knowledge, distance learning Level 4 Diploma in Coaching is a flexible and convenient course, which allows you to comprehensively prepare for a Level 4 Diploma in Coaching exam or career through home study. What's more, because the distance learning Level 4 Diploma in Coaching course is a fully comprehensive course, no prior knowledge is required.
Coaching is gaining increasing recognition as a valuable addition to both business and individuals. Studying a Level 4 Diploma in Coaching can develop your knowledge of the different aspects of coaching to equip you with the skills required to pursue a career in coaching. Upon completion, students are eligible to register for membership with the Complimentary Medical Association.
The level 4 course represent an excellent progression route and can provide access to higher education courses. On successful completion of this course, the students will be awarded 120 UCAS points.
What Could I Do After Taking This Coaching Course?
With relevant Experience and Qualification, you can go on to become a Coach. This course equips you with the skills required to pursue a career in coaching. You could specialise in any specific field and become a Life Coach, a Career Coach, a Child Coach or a Health Coach.
If you've got good people skills and you’d like to use them to help people reach their goals in life, this job could be perfect for you. In this job you would need excellent listening and questioning skills. You would also need to have an open mind and not judge people.
On completion of the Coaching Course, learners can go on to study further and specialise in areas such as:
- Coaching (Level 5)
- Career Coaching (Level 3)
- Child Coaching (Level 3)
- Health Coaching (Level 3)
- Life Coaching (Level 3)
Your Coaching (Level 4) Course:
Studying a Level 4 Diploma in Coaching can develop your knowledge of the different aspects of coaching to equip you with the skills required to pursue a career in coaching. Upon completion, students are eligible to register for membership with the Complimentary Medical Association.
- Study Time
- Key Topics
- Entry Requirements
- Home Study Support
- Home Study Resources
- Further Information
- What's Included
- Possible Career Path
Study Hours are an approximate figure and are dependant upon how much time you can dedicate to your studies and how well you grasp the learning concepts in the course material. Furthermore, at the end of each lesson there is a question paper that needs to be completed and returned to your tutor. You should allow at least 1 - 2 hours of study to complete each question paper.
The approximate amount of time required to complete the Coaching (Level 4) course is: 2 years
- Unit 1: Using information, communication and technology ICT in the study of Coaching
- Unit 2: Understanding Coaching Principles
- Unit 3: Application of coaching principles
- Unit 4: Life coaching
- Unit 5: Coaching: special contexts
- Unit 6: Career coaching 1
- Unit 7: Career coaching 2
- Unit 8: Child coaching
When you have completed the programme, your tutor needs to verify that you have worked through all parts of any Workbooks, Activities and Exercises successfully.
Upon verification of the activities, exercises and assignments, you will be awarded your diploma by CIE as confirmation that your written work has met all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the programme.
Entry RequirementsMin 17 years
All Students must be 17 years of age or above.
The good news is that no prior learning knowledge or experience is essential to take this course. This course is openly available to anyone wishing to learn more about Coaching and would like to take part in a highly rewarding home study course. However, we would recommend that you should have completed a minimum of Level 2 or GCSE equivalent in order to enrol on this course.
You have the freedom to start the course at any time and continue your studies at your own pace for a period of up to 12 months from initial registration with full tutor support.
Home Study Support
You will be provided with comprehensive materials - Online, designed to provide you with everything required to complete your course of study. You will have your own personal tutor helping you with your course work and with any questions you may have. Plus you can contact our Student Advisors by email or phone for all the practical advice you may need – so we really are with you 100%.
What's more, you'll have access to the online student portal, where you can interact with other students, browse our resource library and manage your account.
Home Study Resources
You will be provided with comprehensive materials designed to provide you with everything required to complete your course of study. Your course fee covers all textbooks, study folders, and/or online learning aids designed for distance learning.
This Level 4 Coaching Course pack includes the Student Handbook with all relevant information that you would need to successfully complete the course.
Level 4 Diploma in Coaching
Points Awarded : 120 UCAS points
This course is Quality Assured by the Quality Licence Scheme
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that the provider has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future.
The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Oxford Learning to meet specific learners' and/or employers' requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
Possible Career Path
Life coaches support and encourage people to help them fulfil their potential and make the most of their lives. As a life coach, you would aim to empower your clients to take control of their situation in areas such as relationships, careers, fitness, work-life balance and self-confidence. You would work with clients to: explore their situation discuss their values, attitudes and beliefs find ways in which they might achieve their aims help them to set appropriate goals encourage them to stay motivated and committed explore ways of overcoming barriers and setbacks.
Your clients could range from individuals to an entire business. You could either offer a general service or specialise in a particular area, such as executive and business coaching, life changes or spiritual coaching. You may sometimes refer clients to an appropriate therapist if they agree that this would be beneficial.
Find out more about the Job Role for Life Coach .
Our online courses are fully digitised so you can study on any smart device. Your learning programme is completely flexible so you can study at a pace that suits you. All our content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective. Your course of study is broken down into units and sections, each of which contains lessons, activities and test papers. Courses are delivered on our Digital Learning Environment allowing you to study from anywhere on any smart device as long as you have access to the Internet. The course concludes by preparing you for examination using past papers in your chosen subject.
As a student, your course fee covers everything you will need to successfully complete the Coaching home study course and earn your award:
- Online study materials to enable the student to successfully complete the course.
- Completion Certificate
- Tutor marked assessments (TMAs)
- Access to the online student portal (Student Chat, Forums and Online Support Resources)
- NUS Extra Card (discounted membership)
- One year educational support by e-mail.
You can also choose to pick from following while you are enrolling and avail the services at a highly discounted price for our students.
GOOGLE ANDROID TABLET:
Makes your assignment submission and study on the move an absolute breeze. Available at a reduced price of £69.99 (RRP £99) to all students who enrol on 2 or more courses and pay for their course in full at the time of enrolment. Download your study materials and turn commuting time into profitable study time.
12 MONTH COURSE INSURANCE :
Reordering a course pack, if you have damaged yours, can be costly. You can usually expect to pay a huge price for a copy. The 12 month insurance Cover will meet the cost for you if your pack was damaged. We will send out another Course Pack at no extra cost if you send us a proof of the damaged course.
LEARNING FOR LIFE:
We support our students even after they have graduated from the college. Learning for Life Services include:
1. Academic Reference: We are often asked to provide references for students by employers or colleges and universities. The aims of an academic reference are to confirm facts (confirm accuracy of statements made in any application) and to provide relevant opinion on the candidate's aptitude and ability.
2. CV Refresh Service: When you successfully complete your course you will be entitled to our CV refresh service. We will update your current CV to ensure that your new skills and achievements are presented to the highest standard. We will also add your CV to databank of our sister company www.twindo.co.uk
3. 25% off Courses: *(This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
For all students who successfully complete their course, you will be entitled to 25% off any future courses through eDistance Learning or it's partners.
Furthermore this offer will be extended to your family and friends.
Further InformationAward Level: Level 4 Diploma Awarding Body: CIE (Cambridge International Examinations) Format: Online
If your course is being delivered online, please ensure you meet the minimum requirements below.
Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 - Acrobat Reader 4.0 and above
Mac OS X, Mac OS 9.2 - Acrobat Reader 4.0 and above
In the student 'On Campus' you are also able to take part in the student chat room and forums as part of our online student community. After enrolling online you will receive your username and password to access the On Campus area within 5 working days. You will also receive your personal student number via email.
From time to time we may enrol our students with our partner sites; this is dependent on the number of students enrolling on a particular course and course material availability. If this happens, nothing changes for you other than the name of the college administering your course. We will continue to be your point of contact; you will get the exact same course you have enrolled on with the same high level of quality content and support.
This course can be enrolled upon by students internationally. There are no deadlines for enrolments.
WHAT TO DO NOW?
Step One: It's simple - all you need to do now is choose whether you want to pay in instalments or in full and then click on the relevant enrolment button at the top of this page.
Step Two: Once you have selected your payment option to enrol you will be redirected (this can take a few seconds) to our PayPal payment page for you to select your payment method and complete your enrolment.
Step Three: Within 7 days (normally 48 hours) your enrolment papers and course materials will be with you. A tutor and a dedicated support advisor will also be allocated to you.
That's it..... Thanks and wishing you the best of luck with your studies.
About CIE (Cambridge International Examinations)
The international qualifications by CIE are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. They deliver high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential. Their programmes and qualifications set the global standard for international education. They are created by subject experts, rooted in academic rigour and reflect the latest educational research. They provide a strong platform for learners to progress from one stage to the next, and are well supported by teaching and learning resources.
What is a Level 4 Diploma Equivalent to?
Level 4 qualifications recognise specialist learning and involve detailed analysis of a high level of information and knowledge in an area of work or study. Learning at this level is appropriate for people working in technical and professional jobs, and/or managing and developing others. Level 4 qualifications are at a level equivalent to Certificates of Higher Education.
What is a Level 5 Diploma equivalent to?
Can I re-sit the exam if I fail?
What is the duration of the course?
Can I extend the course if I don’t finish in time?
Can I get into university with a Level 4 Diploma?
When will I receive my course?
If you have paid in full and opted for the Online version, the course access will be emailed to you within 48 hours. The paper version will take 3 weeks after you have received the online version and are happy with the course contents.
For students, who choose to pay in instalments - you are required to complete the necessary agreement before the course is emailed to you.
Will I get a certificate on completion of my course?
You will receive a certificate from the College. A digital version is included in the price and will be emailed to you within 5 days of taking your online exam.
Should you require an embossed hard copy of your certificate to be sent to you by Special Delivery post, you can order this separately after taking your exam.
How do I contact my tutor and submit assignments?
Will my tutor answer my support requests quickly?
Are there any exams?
How does distance learning work?
When can I start the course?
How long do the courses take?
I want to buy a course that is not on the course list. What do I do?
Do the courses have tutorial support?
Is the course work done online or sent via the internet?
Is there a time limit or any deadlines?
I wish to cancel my course. How do I do this?
Do I have to buy any other materials?
I’m not sure of what course I should take? Can you help?
Why choose eDistance Learning?
Please contact us if you have not found the answer you are looking for.
How is the course structured?
The Level 4 Diploma in Coaching course is divided into eight comprehensive units:
Unit 1: Using information, communication and technology ICT in the study of Coaching
Learning hours: 150
This unit aims to raise learner awareness of the different types of ICT skills, and provide the opportunity for them to develop these skills commensurate with H4 and H5 study. The course is delivered via distance learning with no face to face contact between tutors and students, therefore understanding appropriate research techniques, portfolio skills and self-reflection is important in terms of independent study at this level as well as facilitating a positive learning experience
Students are encouraged to conduct independent research related to the study of Coaching using ICT skills, so that they can begin to compile their own resource list and also prepare themselves for further and more complex activities later in the course
1. Applications of ICT in the study of Coaching
- Information, communication and technology (ICT) comprises core skills for learning.
- Utilisation of methods , tools and strategies of ICT to establish and maintain a sound working relationship with tutors and the college.
- Development of ICT skills in order to communicate effectively and maximise study progression.
2. ePortfolio constructs
- Setting up an ePortfolio for use during the lifetime of the course for storage of files including coursework, self-assessment activities, independent research notes and reflective journals.
- The ePortfolio may be requested from time to time by tutors and moderators. Learners will be asked at various points in the course to upload files for this purpose.
- A structured system of unique information but once completed can be used as a resource for continuing professional development (CPD), and a body of revision for future studies.
3. Independent web based research
- Independent research to equip students with confidence to source and evaluate information relevant to the core course topics within MMA
- Develop tools and strategies with which to begin to undertake independent research and integrate this into coursework activities, for example suggesting ways to read research articles and assimilate types of information from these.
4. Principles of self-assessment and reflective writing
- The development of knowledge and understanding through writing skills for communicating ideas and arguments to tutors and other readers of written work.
- Reviews of writing skills
- Reflective writing skills and practice
- Promotion of pro-active implementation of skills enhancement through tutor feedback and self-assessment
Unit 2: Understanding Coaching Principles
Learning hours: 150
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with the opportunity to explore and evaluate the key principles concepts and strategies within coaching. Learners are also provided with an opportunity to study the historical emergence of coaching, and examine key components of its applications
1. Historical emergence of coaching
- Defining coaching in context
- Origins of coaching from 16 th century to present
- The humanist psychological perspectives of coaching
- Integration of coaching contextually and related to application specifics
2. Communicative approaches
- Competency skills
- Communication strategies in coaching: methods, concepts, verbal, listening
- Barriers to effective communication in coaching
3. Ethical considerations
- Ethical, legal and moral responsibilities
- International Coaching Federation codes of ethics
- International Coach Federation codes of practice
- European Coaching Institute codes
- Standards or practice
4. Aims and objectives of coaching
- Assessment strategies and processes
- Aims and objectives of the coaching process
- Client expectations and perceptions
- Client values, motivators and interests
- Client history
Unit 3: Application of coaching principles
Learning hours: 150
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with the opportunity to study the concepts and components of coaching principles and applications as well as evaluation of group strategies and coaching levels. Learners are also provided with the opportunity to learn about transference and the coaching relationship
1. Coaching principles
- Client strengths and weaknesses
- Holism in coaching
- Agenda setting
- Action learning
2. Levels of coaching
- Primary: cognitive and constructivist approaches; solution versus problem focussed
- Secondary: irrational beliefs (Ellis, ABC); reframing, collaborative negotiation, working techniques ( visualization, relaxation, confirmation of change, reflexivity)
- Transference and counter-transference
- Ending the coaching relationship
3. Group coaching
- Primary and secondary levels in group work
- Therapeutic groups
- Tuckman and Schultz
- Group strategies
- Group coaching elements
- Peer coaching
- Leadership objectives
4. Systematic approach
- Evaluation of the work of Murray, Bowman, Carruthers
- Group dynamics
- Ice breakers
- Changing cultures
- Professional settings
Unit 4: Life coaching
Learning hours: 150
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with the opportunity to apply the core competency coaching skills, strategies and concepts to life coaching contexts, and to explore different methods and approaches commensurate with client needs
1. Aims and objectives
- Aims and objectives of life coaching
- Contexts and rationale
- Client-coach relationship
2. Questioning methods and approaches
- Essential questioning: lifestyle, daily routine, expectations of coaching process, health status and perception, role and identity
- Topic centred questioning: goal setting, work related, hobbies, childhood experiences, relationship experiences, family, financial issues, health expectations
3. Relationship and sexuality contexts
- Temporary displacement contexts
- Pivotal issues
- Emotional issues
- Acceptance and compromise
- Expectations, goals and outcomes
- Session rules
- Questioning techniques
4. Death and bereavement
- Stages of dying
- Tasks of mourning
- Bereavement stages
- Loss and reality
- Pain of grief
- Coaching principles and procedures
- Coaching approaches
- Cognitive restructuring and memory work
Unit 5: Coaching: special contexts
Learning hours: 150
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with an opportunity to study special coaching contexts including addiction and psychological disorders. Learners will also be given an opportunity to study related physiology and thereby expand knowledge and understanding of integrative applications within the coaching field and transferable skills related to different contexts
1. Alcohol addiction
- Short and long term consequences
- Drinking patterns related to behaviour
- Physical and psychological symptoms and effects of alcohol dependence and addiction
- Coaching strategies: journal writing, self-reflection, abstinence
2. Drug dependence
- Physical and psychological effects of drug dependence and addiction
- Examples: inhalants, cannabis, depressants, cocaine, narcotics, designer drugs
- Coaching strategies for drug dependency
- External factors, financial issues, goal setting and integrated objectives
3. Depression and stress conditions
- Symptoms and physical expressions
- Coaching commitment, role and history taking from clients
- Identification of stressors
- Development of coping strategies
- Relaxation techniques
- Stress reduction techniques
4. Suicidal clients
- Physical and psychological symptoms and expression
- Approaches and applications related to coaching role and responsibilities
- Competency skills
- Crisis recognition
- Goals setting
Unit 6: Career coaching 1
Learning hours: 150
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with the opportunity to study the principles, applications and models related to career coaching. The unit also offers learners the opportunity to explore group strategies and leadership issues within a range of contexts
1. Historical emergence
- Historical timeline and emergence of career coaching as a specific application
- Relevance in modern society
- Aims and objectives
2. Life Purpose Questionnaire
- Views, beliefs and significant life influences
- Hopes and aims
- Life Purpose Statements
- Life Purpose Questionnaire as an organisational tool
- Maslow’s hierarchy in career coaching
- Ventral pivots
- Establishing the coaching relationship
3. Role of the career coach
- Identification of client aims
- Collaborative partnerships
- Facilitation of goal achievement
- Strategy development
- Promotion of stimulating and motivational actions
4. Psychology of experience
- Effects of experience
- Social controls
- Pleasure and happiness
- Task related experiences
- Intrinsic reward systems
- Contextualising experience within the work environment
Unit 7: Career coaching 2
Learning Hours: 150
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with an opportunity to explore the mechanics of career coaching related to job searching, CV production and interview skills. Knowledge and understanding gained can be expanded through independent research and practice in order to transfer these skills to practical applications
1. Marketing strategies
- Marketing strategy development for individual clients
- Job search evaluation
- Skills audit processes
- Marketing matrices
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Core elements and processes
- Generic and specialised CVs
- Personal profiling
3. Interview techniques
- Pre-interview strategies
- Interview questions (interviewer and interviewee)
- Interview processes
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Types of interview : face to face, telephone, sequential, panel, psychometric evaluation, competency based
4. Pots interview strategy development
- Interview follow up
- Evaluation and self-reflection
- Matrix process
- Acceptance/rejection letters
- Integration of rehearsed scenarios
Unit 8: Child coaching
Learning hours: 150
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with an opportunity to study child coaching principles, applications and contexts. Learners will also be given an opportunity to explore theoretical concepts relating to child development (cognition, socialisation, relationships), and conduct independent research into child coaching settings
1. Socialisation and human interaction
- Communication needs
- Socialisation processes
- Child coaching approaches and strategy development
- Human interaction and relationship building: cultural, meshing, scaffolding, communication
2. Principles of play
- Aims and purpose of play in child coaching
- Types of play
- Play environments
- Task related or outcome based play
3. Facilitation of change
- Avoidance and resistance
- Exploration strategies
- Role modelling
- Coaching skills
- Experiential focus
4. Behavioural changes
- Confirmation and affirmation
- Behaviour assessment
- Motivation and meaning
- Integration approaches/strategies
- Irrational beliefs
Our aim is to provide you with the best deal available, therefore any registration fee, certification fee and full tutor support is included in the course price for you. The enrolment fee for the Coaching home study course is £3500, though for a limited time we are offering you the opportunity to pay only £2800 which is a 20% discount if you enrol online and pay in full.
You can also opt for our Easy Payment Plan and enrol online today by paying a deposit of £700and then 4 equal payments of £700 per month. The first instalment is paid about a month after you receive your course.
With online based study you can access the course online. You can then review them in your own time and complete the assignments which you are required to submit to your personal tutor for marking and feedback.
|PAYMENT METHOD||DEPOSIT||INSTALMENTS||MONTHLY PAYMENTS||Price|
|PAY IN FULL||£2800.00||£2800.00|
|PAY IN INSTALMENTS*||£700.00||£700.00||4||£3500.00|
Custom Payment Plan
You can propose a custom payment plan below in order to pay for your course. Please use the sliders above the table to configure your custom plan and then fill out the attached form. One of our course advisors will contact you with a decision regarding your plan.
Please select the amount you would like to pay each month
Please selection the amount of months you wish to pay over
Payment Length (months)
*Please note: One of our course advisors will attempt to create an instalment agreement based on the figures you have entered above, however the actual amount and length of the agreement may vary.Submit Proposal
With paper and cd-rom course formats, we offer delivery options to many different countries. Please see the table below for more information.
|UK MAINLAND||EU DELIVERY||INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY|
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: